Monday, August 25, 2014

Places To Go and People To See

Hey guys,

To be honest, I don't what else I can tell you about my foot. We were playing football a couple of P-Days ago, and I kicked the ball wrong. Now, we weren't being very safe as we were playing on the beach and none of us were wearing shoes so that wasn't a good idea. But I got advice from my mission president and he sent me to the doctor. They did some x-rays but said that there were no fractures. She did say that there was soft tissue damage in my foot, and it would take a few weeks to heal. She wanted me to stay off it completely for 2 weeks, but as a missionary, I can't do that. We have places to go and people to see! So, our ward mission leader let me borrow a set of crutches that he has. Our mission president calls us every few days to check on me, and also the AMA (area medical advisor) calls us as well to check up on me. I'm doing fine though. I get really tired really quickly from using the crutches but it's okay. We do rest, ice, etc for it. I am being well taken care of.

Everything else is fine. We have some really cool investigators, and one is preparing himself for baptism in a few weeks! We have investigators coming out to church, and we are working with lots of wonderful people! One of the less actives that we are working with even drove me to the hospital for the x-ray. Downend is a really great area! This week is actually transfers, but I'm obviously not moving since this is my last transfer, and my comp is staying we found out. So, things are going really well here! :)

That's about it! I've already received two blessings from the wonderful Elders in our district, so don't worry about me. I'm in good hands! My companion has been great with me, and she is a lot of help! I love her! :) Good job with the daily scripture study! It's so important! I don't even know how many times  I've read the Book of Mormon, and by the time I finish my mission I will have completed reading the Bible the whole way through! Anyway, I hope you guys have a great week! I miss you lots, and love you loads! :)

Love,
Sister Connery :)

This is my companion, Sister Erasmus (Calgary, Canada), and I!

Me and my crutches! These things take some getting used to

This is Elder Brinkerhoff (Utah) and I. We all got together on P-Day and it started raining. Since I couldn't hold an umbrella and crutch at the same time, he did it for me. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment