Monday, July 28, 2014

Big News

Hey guys,

So, first of all, the word "chuffed". Yeah, it's a British thing. It basically means 'excited'. I don't have the British accent, but I do have the vocabulary! So, for my other news...I thought that they would have sent you the itinerary by now. I got the phone call nearly a month ago. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you but I wanted you guys to find out for yourselves. I guess they haven't sorted the flight details yet so they probably won't send you anything until they've got the flights booked and what not. Anyway, you guys better sit down for this one. I will go home....on....October 8, 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?! How crazy is that?! I nearly fell over when they told me! hahaha! So, there's the BIG news!

Now, on a more spiritual note. Thank you so much for that lovely scripture! I really like it! :) So, this morning in my personal study, I finished the Book of Mormon again (I don't know how many times I've read it now. I lost count). As a mission we were challenged to read it in 90 days. It comes out to roughly 6 pages per day, and I actually finished it a few days early! Once again, I was pretty chuffed about that!

Downend has been really great the past week and a bit! A lot is happening in this area! We are so busy, especially because the mission office called us the other day to tell us that they will be putting another set of missionaries into this ward next transfer so we have to find a flat! Our numbers have decreased a bit because we've spent a lot of time looking for flats, but it's not too bad. Also, a member, Joff, from Bracknell ward visited someone here in Downend yesterday and it was so cool to see him! He is awesome, and it's been so long but we still recognised each other. It was another thing to be chuffed about! lol. Anyway, that's it for this week. Fun stuff huh? Seriously though, please be safe guys! I do know that the Lord will keep His protecting hand over you. :)

I hope you guys have a great week! Stay safe! I miss you all and love you lots! :)

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment