Monday, March 31, 2014

Book of Mormon Tower

Hi guys!

Things are pretty good here. Apparently Heavenly Father trusts us enough here to let us whitewash this area, so we have to do our best! Sister Polidario is wonderful! I love her so much already! :) I'm attaching a picture of us to this email. I am truly so excited about serving with her! I have actually been praying that I would have a companion from every continent (excluding Antarctica), and so far that prayer has been answered! I've had an American, Australian, European, now an Asian! All I need is a South American and I've got it all! It's so cool to see the different cultures and everything here, and to learn about it all from my companions. So, to answer your questions: 1) It depends on how the office elders arrange it. Sometimes you go by train, by bus, or car (either the zone leaders, office elders, or one of the senior couples drive us). This last transfer, Sister L and I were driven by the zone leaders. All the missionaries that will be transferred meet in one location, and then we go to our new areas. 2) I have ridden on MANY double-decker buses. That was basically the only travel that we had in Croydon was double deckers. So, yes I have. LOTS of them! 3) We pray a lot! The absolute minimum that we pray each day is around 12-14 times. At least! 4) Shoe size...ummm...at home I wear a size 8, and here I think that is a size 38 or something like that. I can't remember exactly.  

Wow, it really has been a whole year this week! It's crazy how fast the time goes! This time last year I was preparing to go to the MTC, and I spent conference weekend in the MTC. It was a really great experience! I absolutely love General Conference! And it is here again! This is one of those precious times of the year when we get to hear a prophet and apostles of the Lord speak to us! What a blessing! When Jesus Christ established His church, He set it up with prophets and apostles, and that is how it has worked since the beginning of time, starting with the prophet, Adam. How blessed we are to belong to the true church of Jesus Christ, complete with living prophets and apostles to lead and guide us. If you have any questions or doubts on your mind, be sure to watch and listen to General Conference carefully, and you will receive answers. I do that every time, and I have yet to not receive an answer. I have a challenge for all of you (either individually, or as a family) to invite one person to watch General Conference with you. I'm inviting 5+ people every day, so just invite one! Pray about whom you could invite, and do it! I know you guys can do this!

Thanks for the email! You are all so amazing! Thanks for everything, and I really hope you guys have another good week! You are always being prayed for! I love you all! :D

Love,
Sister Connery


 Sister Polidario and I

I decided to organize the Books of Mormon that we have in our flat (the non-english ones), and I kept piling them on top of one another, so now I made this tower of Books of Mormon. I even got Sister Polidario to stand next to it so you can see how tall it is (she is about 5'2"). 




No comments:

Post a Comment