Monday, April 7, 2014

Sowing

Hi guys!

It seems like you guys are doing pretty good from the sound of the email. Attending a convert baptism really is a great way to end the weekend. That is interesting that you guys did that because I did that as well. A companionship of the Elders in my ward had a baptism yesterday between conference sessions, and we all sang a song for the convert. It was great!

There really is nothing much new to report quite yet. Sister Polidario and I are currently sowing here in Staines, so we have to wait a short time before we can really start reaping what we've sown. But it's all good. We're having a lot of fun, and we already have two baptismal dates since we got here, so things are going pretty good. I actually don't know the ratio of Sisters and where they're all from. I would say that probably more than half are not from the U.S. Cool, huh? An interesting fact, I am the only American in our district (6 missionaries total). That's a first, but it's really cool. To be honest, it feels really weird to have been out for a year now. It's strange and really scary to think that I only have six months left. I love serving a mission and I know that I'm going to miss it a lot when I have to leave, but there are other things that I need to do at home. But, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I absolutely loved General Conference! I really don't know what else to say about it! It was just fantastic and I really enjoyed it all! There were so many good talks! We didn't get to see the last session, but we got to see all the other ones, including the General Women's Meeting and a little bit of the Priesthood session... ;) Honestly, if someone asked me what my favorite talk was, I wouldn't be able to pick one. Two big topics of the conference sessions, in my opinion, seemed to be a lot about keeping our covenants and loving others, especially Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are the perfect examples of love for us to follow. We have made covenants with Heavenly Father, and if we do our part then we receive the blessings for that. It is that simple. At times it may seem difficult, but like Elder Bednar said, happiness is not the absence of a load. The Atonement enables us to carry the load. I don't feel the need to say more.

Well, that's it for this week, but I hope you guys have a great one! Keep up the good work with everything! I love you all, and pray for you always!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment