Monday, March 3, 2014

Thy Word Is a Lamp Unto My Feet

Hiya!

I'm so sorry to hear about the missionary experience that went downhill. Unfortunately there are always times like that, but we just have to keep trying! Heavenly Father will help us! He and the Saviour are always there for us, and the Holy Ghost is there as well when we speak the truth. Look at the story in the February Ensign in the "Latter-Day Saints Voices" section, particularly the story entitled, "I Defended My Faith". :)

I'm glad to hear that all is well otherwise. :) The musical sounds like it was loads of fun! It's the first one in a long time that I actually haven't been able to see. It's kinda weird. Anyway, I think that it could be possible for me to be transferred soon. I have been here for five months now, and I've spent two transfers with Sister Laineenkare, so usually it seems that President would probably move me pretty soon, but you never know! We'll have to wait and see! The church buildings here look pretty similar to the ones back home. Our current ward building doesn't look like a church at all. It's like a big box with a spire. But it kinda depends on the building. Some are new and built by the church and others were buildings that the church bought, so they're all different.

So we have had a really good week! We were able to find six new investigators, still have a baptismal date and taught a lot of lessons! It has been really good because we have really been struggling to find new investigators, but now we have some! We just have to keep it up and get them to progress! Another great thing this week was that we had fast and testimony meeting yesterday (since if was fast Sunday of course), and I really wanted to get up and bear my testimony (there wasn't enough time, but one of our investigators that was there got up and bore her testimony!). So I specifically wanted to bear my testimony of the scriptures. I LOVE the scriptures! The approved scriptures of the Church are: the Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. I am currently in the midst of reading the Bible, and I came across one of my favourite scriptures in the Old Testament. In Psalms 119:105, it says: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." I love that scripture, and it is so true! Heavenly Father's word - the scriptures - light the way for us that we should go. In the Book of Mormon, in 2 Nephi 32:3, it says: "...feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." The words written in the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price all contain the words of Christ. We should read them, treasure them, and live according to what they say. The scriptures are here for our profit and learning (see 1 Nephi 19:22-23), to testify of Christ that we might believe in Him, and then we can receive eternal life if we do the things that He says (see John 20:31). That is my testimony of the scriptures, that they are the word of God and through them we can learn the things that we need to know to be successful in this life.

That's it for me! Still doing good here, and I hope that all continues to go well at home. I pray that the blessings of Heavenly Father be upon all of you! Have a great week! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment