Monday, March 10, 2014

Looking Through Windows

Hi guys!

Congratulations Sam on the Court of Honour! Good for you! That's really cool! In fact, today we are actually going to help one of the young men in our ward to do his Eagle project (He is American and they are living here so he is just doing it here). Maybe then I will feel somewhat part of this experience. It really does sound like you guys had a full house, but that is so cool! You all got together and I'm sure that you had a great time! I'm glad that everyone is doing so good, including Mudflap. I'm sure that she did enjoy her sleepover. And thanks for the sermon Mama. It's nice to be able to share the spiritual things that we are learning. :)

So, this week...I don't even know where to start. I guess I will just start at the beginning. Monday was the usual. Tuesday was just ridiculous! In the morning we had an appointment and we got flogged (person wasn't home/didn't show up,etc.), then my skirt ripped so we had to go home to change it, and on the bus on the way home, there was a bus on the opposite side of the road going the way we had just come, and a dog ran out into the street and it hit the dog! We watched the whole thing, and it was just awful! The windows of the bus were open so we could hear the poor dog just howling, and it was terrible! It was the saddest thing, and I cried (silently-no sobbing) for about the next two hours. We were on another bus ride later in the day, and this guy got on the bus and was just angry. He kept yelling and screaming and swearing, and it was awful as well! Unfortunately we were both not in such great spiritual moods by that point, and we went to the Orpington chapel for our interviews with our Mission President. He asked me how I was, and I nearly started crying again. I just told him everything, and after I finished it just left. It all left me, and I felt so much better. Telling other missionaries about it didn't help, but being able to let my feelings show to President helped so much. The interview was great, and the rest of the day was just fine. Missionaries have bad days too, but then the next few days are the best! That's why I'm telling you all this because we had such great miracles, and had a really good rest of the week! We went on exchanges with the Sisters in Hastings, and Sister Ross and I came back to Purley. It was a great exchange, and I learned a lot. We switched back the next day, and I spent a total of eight hours in the car in two days and I have to say that I loved it. I miss road trips, but I was so tired the rest of the week. It's the sitting and travelling that takes the most out of you. Anyway, so we also have a total of 4 baptismal dates now! We have this fantastic family that we are teaching, and they are so great! Heavenly Father is truly blessing us in this area! The week started off pretty rough, but the end result was amazing and completely worth it! :)

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of confidence in yourselves. I was in your shoes once, though. A few times I have stood before judges and sang for them. It is scary, but you do it, and afterwards you can at least say that you did it. But I understand. You will get used to it soon enough. I have been forced to get used to it on my mission with the many solos that I have had to sing. I'm mostly over being shy about it now because when we are riding on the bus, or at a bus stop, or on the street, or wherever, I am usually singing something. I've just come to get used it and not care what others think. I actually studied something similar to this topic this morning in my personal study. So, at the end of the Sermon on the Mount (in both the Bible and the Book of Mormon), Jesus commands: "Judge not..." (see Matt, 7:1; and 3 Nephi 14:1). He continues on to say, "And why beholdest thou the mot that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" (see Matt. 7:3; and 3 Nephi 14:3). There is a Mormon Message based on a talk by President Monson, entitled "Looking Through Windows", and it talks about this subject. (the link is: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1472070326001) I love especially how he paraphrases it so that it applies to us today, and we can understand that same scripture (Matt. 7:3; 3 Nephi 14:3) in the language of our day. Jesus Christ was definitely right that we shouldn't judge others because we will be judged as well (see Matt. 7:2; 3 Nephi 14:2). I enjoy what President Monson says about how we don't know everything about the lives of other people, so it's best for us to follow the commandment of the Saviour, and "Judge not...".

Kind of a long email for you guys today, but this week has been one for learning and growing and I wanted to share all the new knowledge that I have with you guys. I hope you continue to stay safe, and that there will be no more mishaps to report next week! Have a great week you guys! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Connery :D

No comments:

Post a Comment