Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Kiwi Anyone?

Hiya!

It's so good to hear from you guys and find out what you are all up to this week. Poor Grace. Tell her I'm sorry that everyone keeps calling her by my names. She'll understand when she goes on her mission someday (no pressure Grace-it really is something that the Spirit has to confirm to you is right for you) but it makes me happy, cuz I know you guys are all thinking about me. :) Thank you for the message from Amanda. It sounds like she is doing great! I knew she would and I knew that she would love it! It really isn't missionary work, but it's missionary fun! I really can't tell you what to get me for my birthday. I honestly don't know. I don't need any shoes, but I could use some of those sock type things that you find at Payless. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I'm sure Grace knows. (They are generally used when you wear flats.) I bought some and within three days both pairs I bought had giant holes in them. :/ So that would be helpful. Honestly though, you guys really don't have to send me anything. Just a Happy Birthday will do.

So, Sister Cranfield has been on her mission for six months now. She came out the transfer (six weeks) before I did. I still can't believe that on Wednesday will be my five-month mark! It's crazy how fast the time is going by! The TimTams were delicious! (I hope Jordan is jealous! hahaha!) I have yet to go inside the London Temple unfortunately. We should be able to go at Christmas, but other than that, missionaries don't get to go often unless you are at the temple visitors center or in the office. Also, the temple is closed from now into November anyway. :/ The place we live is really nice. We have a really posh flat compared to a lot of other flats in the mission. So I am also attaching a picture of the bruise that I got on Monday. Sister Cranfield says it looks like a Kiwi bird? (You guys might wanna look that one up) This week wasn't too exciting. We got 30 lessons, so not our best, but still really good! We also are a little scared of the chapel now. Earlier this week we had a dinner appointment at our ward mission leader's house. Afterwards we went to walk home and really had to use the bathroom, so we stopped by the chapel to use it (we have a key). The gate to the car park was open, but there was no cars. The lights were on, the door was locked, but the alarm was off. We went inside and looked around a bit. Then we heard a deep cough-a man's cough. We ran outside and phoned our ward mission leader who got to the chapel in less than two minutes and went inside and did find a man in there. It was a member from another ward (I think he said it was some higher authority because he had a key and the alarm code), and he was doing a conference call or something. So, better safe than sorry, but we still are a little wary about going to chapel now. Anyway, that was our funny story for the week. We laughed about it later.

So that was our week. Like I said, missionary fun. :) It really is amazing how much a mission increases and strengthens your testimony. I can't wait to share mine with all of you when I return home and speak in Sacrament meeting. I hope you guys have a great week, and I will continue to pray for you always. I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything that you do! Love you!

Love,
Sister Connery

Kiwi Bruise

No comments:

Post a Comment