Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dare To Be a Mormon

Hi guys!

Another week here in England has come and gone! Transfers were good. Sister Ball left, but I will still see her once a week as she is still in the zone. She is the new Sister Trainer Leader so I will get to go on some exchanges with her! :) So, my new companion. Her name is Sister Cranfield, and she is from Sydney, Australia. My first foreign companion, who (thankfully) speaks English. ;) She is really cool, and we have had a good week so far. Last week, we beat the amount of teaches from the previous week by one. So we had 33 teaches, which is the most either one of us has ever taught. She was in Weymouth before and the highest they had ever taught was 16 lessons, so Bracknell is a good change for her. We played more football (soccer) for P-Day yesterday (long story-short: It was a bank holiday yesterday so the library was closed, so we are emailing today and then going to work). We went to Farnborough and had a district P-Day together at the Farnborough ward picnic. I have this awesome bruise on my leg! It's HUGE! That's what I get for playing rough with fourteen men and only two girls (my companion and I). The highlight of our week though was being able to take one of our investigators, Jim, to the temple to the visitors center there. It was so much fun! I loved just being able to be there on the temple grounds! It was amazing! I can't wait to go inside one day! And Abu, unfortunately we haven't been able to get ahold of him this week. We are still trying; he just works a lot and is having some housing issues. But hopefully we can see him again soon. My testimony of this gospel and this church just gets stronger and stronger every single day! I love being able to see people change their lives for the better and seeing the blessings that come from being a member of this church. A mission is an incredible experience!

So, that's what is going on here. Not too much stuff, but it's great being able to be here to teach the gospel and stand up for what I believe in. There is a Mormon Message for Youth by President Monson, and he recites a poem that he learned in primary. I really enjoyed it and want to share it with you guys. It says,

Dare to be a Mormon,
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm,
Dare to make it known!

I really like that, and I hope you guys do as well. It's a great reminder to stand up for what we believe in and let people know that we are Mormons! It may be difficult and uncomfortable sometimes, but there's a great quote about the Savior that I heard. "We are uncomfortable for Him, because He was first uncomfortable for us." The Lord needs us to stand up and be witnesses of Him, and Jesus Christ, at all times, and in all things, and in all places that we may be in Him even until death. (See Mosiah 18:9) Dare to be a Mormon, and dare to make it known!

I hope you guys have a great week! I am so proud of the things that you are all doing and I wish you all the best. I am praying for you constantly and I love you guys so much! Have a great week! Love you!

Love,
Sister Connery

 The building where our flat is

The building is called Debden House

Sister Cranfield and I at the London Temple

 Just for Jordan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment