Monday, September 9, 2013

The Work Goes Forth At A Blistering Pace

Hiya!
 
How is everyone doing? Great, I hope! It sounds like you guys are really enjoying life! I am enjoying my life as well! It's not missionary work, it's missionary fun! :) So, about the bruise, yes I did get it from playing football (soccer). I think Elder Grachev kicked me two weeks ago when we played with them. It was a lot of fun though! So worth the bruise. It doesn't actually hurt, it just looks like it should. Anyway, about the referrals, we don't get very many at all here. Maybe one a week, if we're lucky. So we do have to do a lot of tracting. However, no one in our ward has seen the leadership training so we are working on changing that. Congratulations to Sam for giving out his first Book of Mormon! It's an amazing feeling isn't it? You are helping someone else come unto Christ. That is part of the first line of "Our Purpose", the missionary purpose in Preach My Gospel that we recite each morning. All I can say before your mission is really study it. Don't just read it, but study it. It should become your best friend, along with the Book of Mormon. Read it every day! Familiarize yourself with it, and you will be set! The work of the Lord is hastening, and we are all part of it! 
 
I'm glad that you are all loving school and everything so much, and that it is all going so well. By the way, can you email me the recipe for Taffy Apple Pizza? I wanna make it for our district. :) That's great that Josh is speaking in sacrament. He shouldn't be nervous, because even as a missionary you are scared to give talks. It's not an easy thing to do.
 
This week really hasn't been super exciting for us. But there have been a few exciting bits. First off, Sister Cranfield has giant blisters on her feet! They are bigger than a one pound coin (which is about the size of a quarter, but a little smaller) They are so huge! We finally had to call President Millar about them and email him some pictures. He called us back later and said that I had to pop them. So, I sterilized a needle, we washed her feet, and I popped the blisters and drained all of the stuff inside them out. It was really interesting. I have to admit that I was totally in my element. I really don't like feet, but I just didn't think about it. I just thought about what I had to do and then did it. It was actually kinda fun. Her blisters are doing much better now, and they are looking good so far. So that was pretty interesting. The best part of our week though was when a less active came to church yesterday and brought her two adorable daughters with her! It was such a good Sunday, and they really enjoyed themselves and want to come back next week! Hooray! Exciting things are happening! I still can't believe that I have already been out for five months! It's crazy how fast the time goes! Before I know it, it will be my six-month mark! Scary, but exciting! :) 
 
Thank you all so much for everything that you have done and are doing! I couldn't do this without you, and I am so grateful for each one of you! I hope you have a great week! I love and pray for you always, and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over you all for me! I love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Connery 
 
 
 These are the blisters that I had to pop for Sister Cranfield. This is a two pound coin that is bigger than a quarter! They were giant blisters! But they look so much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment