Monday, September 23, 2013

For the Sake of the Church

Hiya everyone!
 
You alright? I'm doing alright. It's been a crazy weekend for us! But I'll explain that later. So, about you guys! That really is too bad about Grandpa Gilman, but he is happily resting with Grandma Gilman in the Spirit World. May I just say that I love the Plan of Salvation! It gives me so much comfort, peace, and happiness to know where I came from, why I'm here, and where I'm going. I love being able to share that particular subject with others. I did hear about the BYU game from an American member of our ward. That truly is sad. And good job about the missionary work! It is so important that the members help as well. It is kind of scary to do, but it's so worth it to see people accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's truly an amazing experience. 
 
So, about our week. Nothing much happened until Saturday. Before I start, you (Mama) are not allowed to freak out! Just know that everything is taken care of. Okay? Now, on Saturday we went to clean the chapel (nothing new there-it's good stuff to do), and I accidently left my hand in the crack of the hinges on a door. The door shut on my finger, and needless to say, it hurt, and I had to go to hospital. We called a member who drove us to the hospital and after waiting 2 hours to see a doctor, she ordered an X-ray. Another hour later I actually got the X-ray done, and another hour later she came to tell me that I have broken the little finger on my left hand. So, we left the hospital after 5 hours of being there with my finger splinted and bandaged up. I will lose the nail; it came completely out of the skin and is only holding on with dried blood. It kept bleeding for about 24 hours after I originally smashed it, but it has stopped now, and I am doing fine. They gave me some antibiotics, and I have another appointment at the fracture clinic on Thursday. It certainly was a long, exhausting day. Later that night though, my district leader (Elder Grachev), and his companion (Elder White-who asked if I wanted a blessing) gave me a blessing, and it was really good. I seriously have the best district and the best zone! There must be something that I need to learn from this experience, and now I just have to trust Heavenly Father and find out what I am supposed to learn. There is a scripture in Mark 8:35 that says "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." I have lost the use of my little finger for the sake of keeping the chapel clean. There is always something that we can and need to learn from every experience that we go through. We just have to trust in the Lord, and He will help us.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I love you guys, and pray for you all daily! Keep up the good work!
 
Love,
Sister Connery
 
P.S.-It's kinda hard to type without your little finger. So I apologize that this email is a little short. Oh well. C'est la vie!
 
Broken

Ew!

 At Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment