Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Sleepover Party!

Hi everyone!

Wow, it sounds like you have all had a crazy week! I can relate because this last week has been absolutely insane! England really is a global melting pot. We have met so many people from all over the world! China, Spain, Italy, Iceland, Brazil, Latvia, South Africa, etc. The weather here has been pretty glum. It rains about every day, but sometimes we get a really nice day too. My shoulder isn't too bad. Carrying around a backpack all day, every day that weighs about 15 pounds takes a toll on your body. If my shoulder starts to hurt I'll usually just take the backpack off for a few minutes, and we have a tube of muscle relaxing cream at the flat that I use. So it's not too bad, but if it does get worse then I will let someone know.

Well, this past week has been absolutely crazy with so much going on! They are going to put more missionaries in the area that Sister Ball and I currently work in. There are several towns outside of our main area that we don't get into very often, so the extra help will be appreciated. We have been working all week to help our zone leaders prepare for the arrival of the new elders. We have been helping them to furnish the flat and everything. Several days in a row, Sister Ball and I made the zone leaders some food since they were so busy that they never really had time to eat. One day they were both so tired when they showed up at our place to pick up another item, and we gave them some chicken sandwiches that we had made. We got a call from them about a half hour later and there was such a difference in them! They were so excited! They said that they loved the sandwiches that we made them, and if we were to go home early then we should open up a sandwich shop. Haha! They are such great elders. 

This week has been so busy and a little bit trying for me, because unfortunately I got sick. I have a nasty cold. I'm losing my voice, my throat hurts, etc. I am doing better now, but it was so hard to go out and work like this. But I did it anyway, and now I'm getting better. Funny story, so earlier this week Sister Ball and I were out knocking a street and I had the hiccups. Really bad hiccups! They were so loud, it was terrible! One lady opened her door and said that she didn't believe in God and at that moment I had a really loud hiccup right after she said that. After that, another lady opened her door and I couldn't stop the hiccups and she said, "You better put some water with that whiskey!" Oh my gosh, it was so embarrassing! But we just laughed because it was really funny!

You won't believe what Sister Ball and I did last night! You never get to do this on your mission, but we got to have a sleepover!  Last night our zone leaders had asked us to go to the flat for the new elders (they arrive today, so they weren't there yet), and set up everything. They bought some beds from IKEA that had to be put together, and stuff like that so we went out to the new flat and did that. (Flat=apartment) Unfortunately, it took us so long to do everything that it was 10:30 p.m. before we finished so we spent the night in the Elders' new flat! (No elders were there of course, it was just us) It was such a memorable experience. How many people can say they did that on their missions? Not many.

So not much else happened this week, but it was still a good week. Sister Ball and I have been extremely blessed! Just know everyone, that Heavenly Father does answer your prayers! We had a miracle on Sunday, because it was the last day to get our goal of 14 lessons, and we still had to get 5 lessons in order to reach that goal. All of our appointments cancelled, but we prayed, and Heavenly Father blessed us. We got our 5 lessons, which means that we met our goal again! Yay! Prayer works! And don't you forget it! I hope you all continue to have a good week, and I know that as long as you are faithful to the commandments, that Heavenly Father will bless you greatly! I pray for you all every day, and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers! I wish you all the best this week! I love you guys so, so much!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment