Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Hi everyone!

I know I just talked to you on the phone yesterday, but I still have so much to tell you about! I miss you guys a ton, but I am loving my mission! So P-Days are supposed to be our day to rest and take a load off. Since I got into the mission field, we have just been going and going all day long on P-Days! Last week we took a train to Reading for Sister Pallekonda's surprise birthday party (they told us about it at seven in the morning last Monday-so kinda short notice). But we had a blast! We finally got to wear trousers (pants)! I was in heaven! ;) The Elders' decided that for the party we were going to BBQ so they bought all of the stuff, but Sister Ball and I were the ones who prepared everything. And guess who was standing at the grill the entire time cooking all the food? Me. I'm not complaining because it was a lot of fun, but I was kinda tired after standing there cooking for 2 hours. But it was fun anyway. Last Tuesday we had zone conference, my first one and it was a lot of fun and very uplifting as well. The zone leaders called us the night before zone conference and asked Sister Ball and I to sing with them at zone conference the next day. We sang Redeemer of Israel (pg. 6 of the hymn book), and I had to do a SOLO! They had me sing the soprano part and Sister Ball sang the alto part. It was just us and two other elders' singing. I was really nervous but I did it, and apparently I didn't do too bad because I got a lot of praise afterwards. So it was a great experience. :)

We found a new investigator this week who seems pretty interested. She and her daughter were so nice to us! We gave them a Book of Mormon, and we have a return appointment for this week! We hope all goes well! :) This week was kind of a slow week after zone conference and everything, but it was still good. We have a progressing investigator and we hope that he will accept a baptismal date soon. Other than that, not much went on besides the usual teaching, which is still such a wonderful thing! I am so blessed to get the opportunity to serve the Lord! :)

I love and miss all of you and I can't wait to see what goes on during the next week in your lives! Have a wonderful week, and may Heavenly Father bless you and the Spirit guide you! Love you!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment