Wednesday, June 5, 2013

An Holy Kiss

Hey There Everyone!

The new missionaries have arrived! We now have Elder Grachyov (from Russia), and Elder Treadway (from Austin, Texas). They will be a great help to us here in our area. That's so cool that you guys are doing a Book of Mormon read! I am actually reading the Book of Mormon as well. I'm about halfway through Alma now, and I started reading when I got on my mission so I'm not doing too bad. Being on a mission really increases your desire to read it, and you read it with so much more understanding. I love reading the Book of Mormon so I am happy that you are all going to start doing that.

This week for us has been absolutely full of blessings and miracles! I already mentioned that we got new elders, but we taught lots of lessons this week! We reached and passed our goal! Our goal for this week was to get 15 lessons and we got 16! We are going to try to get up to at least 20 lessons a week! With the Lord, anything is possible! We also got five new investigators this week! The Lord is definitely blessing us, and we are already seeing the work go forth! I am getting better at helping Sister Ball teach lessons, and I am speaking up and teaching principles a lot more. So that's good. We also had fish again last week. I am willing to try it all, and I have done pretty well so far, but this time the fish was just wet and, well, fishy. Sister Ball thinks it's funny when we get served fish, especially because I always tell her what we are having before it even gets to the table. As soon as we come in to the members' homes I can smell the fish, and I always say to her, "We're having fish for dinner." And every time, I have been right. Oh well, I was still polite and ate as much of it as I could. We finally got to teach Abu again after not seeing him for almost two whole weeks while he was sick. But we taught him again, and he came to church on Sunday. He said, "It was excellent!" The next time we see him we are going to try to extend a baptismal date again, and we are hoping and praying that he will accept it!

Some interesting things happen on missions. Like the other day, this guy rode by us on a bike and he slowed down and said, "Excuse me, but you are very beautiful, and I just wanted to tell you that." How sweet! Sister Ball and I just said thank you, and then laughed a little because it was so random! And then yesterday, (this was awkward), we talked to a guy on the street who said he wasn't interested but before he left he grabbed our shoulders and gave us both a kiss on the cheek! I was dumbfounded. But we went about the Lord's business anyway. It was just awkward as a missionary, but there's not much we could do about it. It was an interesting experience. Not much has really happened other than that since I last emailed home. I miss you all, but I know that the Lord will bless you. He always answers our prayers, and works miracles in our lives. I can't wait to hear what happens this week, so make it a good one! Have a great week! I love you all a ton!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment