Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Howdy

Hi guys!

I'm glad to hear that things are going well at home. That's good that you're feeding the missionaries because the members here are very good about feeding us. I've been on my mission for 6 weeks now, and I've been in the field for a whole month already! I am becoming increasingly more comfortable here, especially when I teach. We taught 14 lessons this past week, which was our district goal, and I actually spoke up in the lessons and taught some principles. Unfortunately, the investigator with the daughter flogged (cancelled) on us so we didn't get to see her. The new missionaries have yet to arrive, but the transfer will end in a week and half so they will probably be here then. We are currently teaching an investigator from Africa who speaks several African languages, but he's lived in Spain with his family for a long time so he also speaks Spanish. His English isn't very good so teaching him is a challenge. We think that he understands English okay, but he just can't speak it very well. We have a brother in the ward who speaks Spanish so he comes to help us teach sometimes so that our investigator can understand things better. He came with us to stake conference yesterday, and he said that it was good and he enjoyed it! We hope to commit him to baptism this coming week. 

Sister Ball is letting me take the lead in lessons now, and I think I am doing an okay job. I still have so much to learn and to work on, but I am certainly trying very hard! We had to do evaluations this week. Sister Ball had to evaluate me, and I had to evaluate her. She said that she told President Millar that she recommends me to train someone as soon as I am done training! That's a scary thought because I still feel so new at this and that I have so much to learn. But I also know that Heavenly Father will help me with anything that I need. Later in the week we went to a less-active's house and helped make sushi. She makes them so they are not all fish, but she puts chicken, egg, ham, etc in them as well. So we got to try our hand at making sushi, and we didn't do too bad. I have decided that sushi is not my favorite thing to eat. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I like it. The seaweed doesn't taste very good, but it was a new and interesting experience. 

We have had to do a lot of walking this week because our bus passes expired and we haven't gotten new ones yet. It's good exercise though. I do have to admit that this week was physically rough for us. Carrying so much weight around is aggravating my shoulder, but you just gotta push through it and you will be blessed. Hopefully this next week will be better. We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was a broadcast to the whole UK from Salt Lake. President Eyring was presiding. (Poor President Monson! Please keep him and his family in your prayers at this time especially. If you haven't already heard, his wife passed away on Friday morning. So please pray for him.) The conference was good though. There were a lot of good speakers and great topics.
 
I hope you all have another great week! Remember to pray and read your scriptures every day! I love you guys so much! I miss you tons, but we will all be blessed from this! Remember this: I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment