Monday, May 6, 2013

Down and Dirty

Hi everyone!

I can't believe that I've hit the four-week mark already! It's crazy how fast time goes by! I am getting more and more comfortable here, especially in teaching. Sister Ball has been letting me take the lead on things which is good practice, and so far I think I'm doing okay. We gave one investigator a kind of ultimatum on her baptism date. She has been investigating the church for over a year now and still won't get baptized. She comes to church every Sunday, but she still has some fears. So hopefully, we can resolve those fears. We gave her the option to pick her own baptism date, but it has to be in the month of May. So we're seeing her tonight and we'll see how that goes. We've done a lot of service this week! We cleaned the chapel for an hour and half on Tuesday, and then on Friday we did some service for a less active. We didn't realize that we would be doing service for her until we got to her house. So we planted some plants in her garden. We got down and dirty in our skirts! lol. It was a lot of fun though. Then on Saturday we got to do some more service for another less active. We climbed in her attic (once again in our skirts) and hauled some boxes down for her.

The members here have been so welcoming to me! Bishop even asked me to sing in sacrament meeting. :/ I had no idea that I sang so loud. But I roped Sister Ball into it, so we're gonna sing a duet instead. haha! The members have been feeding us a lot which is good! Saturday night we got to go to our ward mission leader's house and have dinner with him, his wife, and their 5 kids. It was a lot of fun! :) A family in the ward, the Serewangas, fed us last night and afterwards Sister Ball and I felt so sick! They fed us sooooo much! It was so good, but it was a lot of food!

We finally found a new investigator this past week! She was so amazing and we were able to teach her one lesson and we had a return appointment. Unfortunately, she wanted to talk to her husband about taking the lessons from us before we met with her again (her husband is an atheist) She called us and said that she had to cancel our appointment with her because her husband said no and he was really angry about it. :( However, she said that she would talk to him about it again in a few weeks, and we are praying really hard for her!

I'm glad you're liking the pictures. Sorry I don't have any for you this week but hopefully I will take more and then send them to you next week. We are really tired a lot of the time, which is why we looked so beat at Christ Church. We do walk a lot! We sometimes take the bus and we actually get to ride a train once a week! So that's pretty interesting. I am writing in my journal, every night before bed. I'm glad I'm doing it because it's a good habit to get in. Anyway, it was a great week! I am learning so much from being here, and having the hour every morning for personal study is so great! I love reading the Book of Mormon, and it is so different from being at home and reading it. Here, I am actually able to focus on it and see things that I missed before. I love being a missionary! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all so much! I can't wait to hear about what you're doing this week! Love you guys!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment