Monday, June 9, 2014

Amen

Hiya!

Well, I have been moved! I am now in Eastbourne! It's down on the coast, so that is really cool! I'm seeing the English Channel every single day! We can see it from our flat too. This flat is huge as well! It's really nice! The area is great as well! Lot's of people to talk to, and that's good because we need new people to teach. Because my companion and I are whitewashing again, we are starting with basically nothing. We had no investigators but we managed to get 2 in the last few days so that's not bad. One is just amazing! We love her already! She and the other new investigator came to church yesterday and that was so cool! She really enjoyed it and felt the Spirit for sure! Church was good, and there were 5 less actives that we work with there, and 2 investigators so that was really cool! :) I've also got a really cool story to tell you. I keep laughing about it every time. haha

So, the other day we taught this guy a lesson on the street in the town centre. Before he left I asked if we could pray with him (cuz we pray with people anywhere, including on the middle of the street). So I started saying the prayer and in the middle of it this lady less than 5 feet from us started freaking out for some reason. She was going a bit crazy and then the police showed up and arrested her right on the spot. And then I said, "Amen." I had said the prayer entirely while all that was happening next to us! I didn't even realize what was actually going on because I was focused on what I was saying in the prayer, and then come to find out, the lady had gotten arrested! The prayer was only between 30 seconds and 1 minute! It was crazy but so funny! Good story too! haha!

Well, that was my week. It was really good for our first one here. Looking forward to this next one! :) I hope and pray that you guys have a good week, and that all is well! Love you all! :)

Love,
Sister Connery

  This is my new companion and I! Her name is Sister Smart and she is from Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire (that's northern England)

These are the other Elders in our ward. Elder Fa'aoso, from Tonga, a brand new missionary, and Elder Trowbridge, from Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment