Monday, April 14, 2014

What a Miracle

Hey everyone!

Wow, it sounds like you guys have had a good week! We did as well! It was too bad that I wasn't able to see Chris, but in the Missionary Handbook it states, "Visits from family members, friends, and acquaintances are against Church." (Missionary Handbook, pg 37) Then it lists several reasons for why that rule was made, so I am trying to be obedient and follow all the rules. Obviously some mission presidents may adapt these kinds of rules, but it's okay. I will see you all in 6 months time anyway! :)

So, this week was good for us. We had to go to the hospital...again. Not for me though! Don't panic! We went to visit an investigator who is there for a few weeks, so that was fun. I've got a really cool miracle to tell you though! So, last week we got a referral for someone who really wanted to learn about the gospel but who is only visiting England and will be leaving in a few weeks. So we wanted to contact her ASAP. The phone number we were given didn't work, and there was no house number, only the street name. That was really hard because the street is about one mile long, but we needed to meet this girl. So we decided to spend an afternoon knocking on every single door on that street and ask for the girl, and if she didn't live there then we would try to teach that person and then go to the next door. That was our plan. So we set off, found the road, said a prayer, and knocked on the very first door. A young woman opened the door, and we asked for the person we were looking for, and she said, "That's me." What a miracle! We didn't end up needing to knock the entire street because we found her at the first door. It was amazing!!! :) Heavenly Father truly blessed us! So many miracles happen every single day, and I witnessed so many of them happen! It will be great to be able to share all of them with you guys! Looking for miracles every single day helps us to be grateful, even for the little things. I loved the talk by President Uchtdorf at conference about being grateful in any circumstance! Even if it's pouring rain, we need to be grateful for it because without it, there would be drought, and the Earth wouldn't be as beautiful as it is. I am grateful for the blessings that I have in my life. I will never be able to tell or show Heavenly Father just how grateful I really am, but I am most definitely grateful for all things!

And I am grateful for all of you! For all of my family and friends! I am grateful for all the love and support that I have from all of you! I pray for you all daily, and thank Heavenly Father that I have you all in my life. I love you all so much! I hope and pray that you have another great week! Love you!!!

Love,
Sister Connery

P.S.-I found out some interesting news last week. It turns out that on my mission I have become lactose intolerant. Another missionary explained the symptoms of it to me, and it turns out that I had all of them because the dairy products here are different. All I knew was that I wasn't feeling good after having anything with dairy in it. So there we go! Just gotta have less dairy. Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd throw in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment