Monday, April 21, 2014

What Matters Most

Hi guys!

So, I don't know if I mentioned this, but neither one of us is getting transferred, so we're staying in Staines for another transfer, but we both feel like one of us will move at the end of this transfer. :/

Anyway, Happy Easter to you guys as well! I love this time of the year because we get to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, and Saviour, Jesus Christ! Definitely a day to celebrate! We did have a great Easter dinner with a really cool family, The Russells. Their oldest son James, just got called on a mission to Colombia! So we got to share some insights with him. 

It's nice to hear how well you guys are! The rain here hasn't let up much. I'll send you a picture that I just took yesterday after we got home. We were outside for a max of ten minutes and...you'll see when you look at the picture. It's great that you have been studying the scriptures more. That same (or similar) phrase is used a lot in the scriptures, and like I always say, if something is repeated, it is definitely important! Keep up the great work!

Our week was really good as well. We have some baptismal dates and we're getting lots of lessons, so that is really good! It's not as important to me as it was in the beginning of my mission. Yes, our key indicators are still really important, but what matters more to us is that we are inviting people to come unto Christ. We can teach lots of lessons, and all of that, but if these people are not truly developing faith in Jesus Christ, then it is all a futile effort. The most important thing is to fulfill our purpose. The purpose of a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. That is the purpose of all missionaries. Not to force people to do anything, but to invite. :) And we are happy as long as we are doing all that we can to fulfill that purpose.

Well, I hope you guys have another great week! I am excited to Skype with you guys on Mother's Day. Have a great week! Love and miss you all! :)

Love,
Sister Connery


This week was Sister Polidario's birthday, and I made her a cake!


 Us and the Russell family on Easter!

Only 10 minutes outside and my skirt looks like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment