Monday, December 16, 2013

My Soap Box

Hi guys,

More missionaries for your ward huh? You guys better work harder to get them more people to teach. When I get home, I definitely want to be a better member-missionary because I know just how important it is now. Missionaries and members need to work together as one to bring about the work of salvation. These are our brothers and sisters! We should want to save them and help them to get their salvation. It does require a lot of hard work, but when the Savior was atoning for all of us, that was the hardest job that anyone could ever do so the least that we can do is to help bring souls unto Him.

I'll get off my soap box now. lol. So, to clarify, we get to go to the temple this coming Thursday the 19th. I am super excited! I have been waiting for this, and I can't wait! :D I am also so excited to be able to call you guys on Christmas. Please answer the phone this time! haha! 

So, all is going pretty well here in Purley. Ya know how I used to get all excited about teaching 14 lessons, then 20, then 25, then 30, and then 32? Well, this last week Sister Oriaku and I taught 44 lessons! :D It was crazy! We literally just tried to talk to everyone! As many people as we could, and it worked! We taught lots and lots of people, and have a few new investigators, lots of potential investigators, and a new baptismal date for one of our current investigators. Things are going pretty well here I would say. I'm still loving every minute that I get to serve the Lord. It is such a great privilege and it makes me so happy! I love it! I would encourage anyone and everyone to serve a mission, because it will be the best time of your life! (Especially if you serve in the England London South Mission!) By the way, did you know that the Bahama's and the England London South Mission are the two most expensive missions in the world?! It's a good thing they decided to have all of us pay a set amount each month. lol. But it's all for the Lord, and every single pence is worth it!

Well, there's not much else going on right now, but this week is gonna be a good one and I should have lots of pictures to send this next week. Have a great week everyone! I love you all, and pray for you each day! Have a good one!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment