Monday, December 23, 2013

Going to the Temple

Hiya everyone!

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for Christmas day! I can't wait to call you guys and tell you more about all the missionary work and to hear more about what's going on with you guys! Yes, I will call at 12pm your time, which will be 8pm my time. I figured that way you guys could have breakfast and open presents and stockings already. That way the kids won't be complaining and dying to open their presents! haha! Don't worry Mama, I won't forget to call. Please answer the phone this time! lol. I will call on your cell phone Mama, but if you don't answer then I will try Daddy's phone, Grandma's phone, Sam's phone, the house phone, etc. I will even call Jen or Chris and tell them to call you if need be. Hopefully we won't need to do that though. I'm so glad to hear that Daddy's home so I can talk to him as well! Just a few more days! :D

So, this week we taught 33 lessons, have a few new investigators and also had a referral from a member! She gave out a Book of Mormon to a co-worker and then brought the co-worker and her young family to church yesterday, where we met them and after church we were able to teach them about the Restoration! It was great! Sister Oriaku and I were so excited! We have received a few small gifts from members, but we both agreed that the best gifts that any member could ever give missionaries is to find someone for them to teach! The best part of my week was the opportunity that I had to attend the Temple on December 19th! Oh my gosh, how I loved it! It was such an amazing experience! I have missed the temple SOOOO much, and I was so happy to be back there again! In our mission we now have 300 missionaries total (including the 28 single sisters/couple missionaries), so it was VERY difficult to get all of the missionaries there. We were blessed though, because President Millar said that he had no idea how it was going to be done, but it worked out in the end, and everyone in the mission got to go. We had to go on a couple of different days, but at least we all made it there. I am actually very close to the temple. I am a half hour away by train or car. The temple is actually in my zone (a zone as a missionary is the stake boundaries-so a zone is just like a stake) It was one of the best days that I have had on my mission so far! :D

Congrats on the baptisms and all of the other missionary news! That's always a wonderful thing to hear about! The work truly is hastening, and it's a wonderful time to be a missionary! Don't worry about the White Christmas-we're not having one either. We're having a Wet Christmas instead of a White Christmas too! haha! Also, in other news, the entire fingernail on my broken little finger came off! It's kinda strange looking, but the new nail is growing, so by the time I come home next year, it will be fixed! :)

So, other than all of that, there's not much to share. But there will be loads to talk about on Wednesday I'm sure! Can't wait to talk to all of you! Have a great few days, and I will talk to you on Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

Love,
Sister Connery

Christmas Dinner at the London Temple

Sister Oriaku and I outside the temple

 Me outside the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment