Monday, December 9, 2013

Bold As A Lion

Hiya guys!

It sounds like this last week has been pretty exciting for all of you. Congrats, Adam on going to Regionals for wrestling. That's really cool. And Happy (late) Birthday! I meant to put that in my email last week, but I think I was so excited to tell you guys about everything else that I forgot. Oops. Sorry! Love you though! :) That's really cool for Sam as well, that he is the 1st Assistant. It's interesting how all of these seemingly small callings that we get as youth really help us to prepare for missions. I've come to realize since I have been on my mission that the callings of President and counselor when I was in YW has helped me to prepare to be a leader on my mission. Maybe on your mission, Sam, you will be the Assistant to the President! :) I'm glad that Daddy will be home for Christmas so that I can talk to all of you guys! By the way, because the time difference is like 8 hours, so if I call at 12pm your time on Christmas day, will that work for you guys? I am so excited to be able to actually talk to all of you on the phone! After Christmas I will only get to do that one more time! It's crazy how fast the time goes by.

Anyway, so I can't wait to go to the temple! I am so excited! It's been so long, and I really miss going! Luckily, next Thursday is the day!!! :) Our flat in Purley is nice. It has carpet instead of laminate like the Bracknell flat. They are about the same size, but they were both good. This is a newer missionary flat, so it doesn't have loads of stuff in it from the previous missionaries, so that is really nice. Thanks for sending the Christmas package! It should be waiting for me at the temple by the time I get there next week, so I am excited! :)

So, this past week in Purley has been average. We had a good teaching week, but once again, no investigators at church and no one is progressing. We are working on finding new people to teach the gospel to who are prepared to hear it. We are praying every day that Heavenly Father will help us to find the people that he has prepared to receive the message that we share. Since Isaac was baptized, we have fallen into a rut, and we need to get out of it. So, we are making plans and setting goals to be better missionaries and to be more BOLD! In the Bible, in Proverbs 28:1 it says, "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." We have to be bold and talk to as many people as we possibly can every single day in order to make the work hasten here in this area. It is a good area with a lot of potential, we just have to find it! And we will! But that scripture not only applies to us as missionaries but to the member missionaries as well. Don't be afraid. The worst they can do is say no. That's it. So just do it. :)

Not much happened this last week, so there isn't a lot to talk about, but next week will hopefully be full of things to tell you guys! I'm glad that you are all doing well, and it's great to hear from you. I'm excited to find out what this week holds for all of you. I love you all, and pray for you every day! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment