Monday, November 25, 2013

ISAAC GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!

Hiya!

We are rejoicing here in Purley! I'll tell you why in a minute, but let me reply to the other stuff first. I am quite jealous of Grace as I am having to miss seeing Catching Fire. I keep seeing buses go by with the posters on it, and I want to see it so bad! But, this is a once in a lifetime experience, while Catching Fire will still be there when I get back, so I can wait. There is an American family here in the ward who is feeding all of the American missionaries for Thanksgiving, so that should be fun. :)

It's been absolutely crazy this week! We have been so busy with appointments and traveling, interviews, etc. We had interviews with President Millar, and it was great! I love interviews because they give you a chance to talk to him one on one and get advice and help with things. It's great! And we had four investigators at church yesterday! It was fantastic! Two of them have been to church before so it wasn't new to them, but a man we met on the street a few weeks ago came to church as well, and he brought his wife! It was a total surprise because he texted us on Saturday night and wanted to know the address of the church and the time. Then he actually came and brought his wife with him. They really enjoyed it and want to come again next week! We have never actually gotten to meet with him or see him since we met him back in October, but he came! We were pretty excited! And the most exciting news of the week...ISAAC GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!! It was Sister Oriaku's first baptism, and we were so happy! He was prepared to hear the gospel and accept the teachings. Now, he has been baptized and has entered the fold. I love being a missionary for this reason. Not to just have baptisms and baptize everyone in England but to see the people that you love and care about make changes in their lives that will bring about repentance and strengthen their faith in the Savior. Our faith is strengthened as well. We have helped someone come unto Jesus Christ and get on the path that will lead him back to live with his Father in Heaven. It is such a great blessing and privilege to be a missionary! I know it, I live it, I love it!

That's all the exciting news for this week, but it certainly was exciting! I'm glad that things are going well for all of you at home. I hope and pray that you guys have a great week! I miss you and love you guys lots!!!

Love,
Sister Connery


Sister Oriaku and I - we were really happy, can you tell?!


Brother William Poku-Obeng (from Ghana) who baptized Isaac and Isaac next to him with the crutches


My companion and I and Isaac (our first of hopefully many baptisms together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment