Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quality Over Quantity

Hi everyone!

So transfers are this week (today actually), however, nothing has changed with us. Sister Oriaku and I are both staying here in Purley! It's good because there is a lot going on in the area, and we should be having a baptism in a week and a half! :) It's really exciting! The work is going forth super quick here! We're praying that this next transfer will be super successful!

We haven't been teaching as many lessons as usual this past week, but we feel that the quality of our teaching is a lot better. Quality over quantity is our motto! We're here to prepare people for baptism to be able to enter the kingdom of God! I really think that the best part of our week was Sunday. It was such a great day! First of all, I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting (about the wisdom of performing service as good citizens), and then all the missionaries in our ward sang 'Joseph Smith's First Prayer' (there are six of us, four Elders and us, all in one ward!). We also had three investigators and two less actives at church! It was great! They all really enjoyed it, and it was such a successful week for us! It's amazing what you can do when you have the Lord on your side!

We are currently still preparing Isaac for baptism. He is absolutely golden! He is doing so well, and he has definitely been prepared to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. That is one of the best parts of being a missionary, being able to see these people make the steps to come unto Christ. It's such a testimony builder for me.

We also had a visit with a dentist on Tuesday. (It always seems that either me or my companions always have some type of medical problem...) Anyway, Sister Oriaku has been having a toothache for the past few weeks. It was really bad this last week, so we called our mission president and he said to go to the dentist. But before that, last week I took a look inside her mouth, and with the knowledge of the mouth that I have (from you, Mama), I was able to determine that her wisdom teeth were coming in. So, yesterday when we went to the dentist, they took a look and confirmed exactly what I had told her last week. Indeed her wisdom teeth are coming in. So, we'll see what President Millar wants us to do about that one.

But all is good here! Still loving it! My mission mum, Sister Ball, is going back to Idaho today! :( Her mission has ended, and she has to return now. I am really going to miss her, but thankfully she doesn't live too far from home and I'll see her in a year! Keep up the great work that you are all doing at work, school, play and especially at church! I love you guys lots, and I can't wait to hear what you've been up to! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment