Thursday, August 22, 2013

An Exciting Time

Hi everyone!

So, the past transfer has been super exciting for us! Lot's of cool stuff has happened to us. Obviously the baptisms are amazing! It is such an exciting time to be a missionary. So, transfers are this week and Sister Ball is moving! She is moving the next area over, in the same zone, to be a Sister Trainer Leader (they go on exchanges with the other sisters and help them out and stuff)! She's not moving too far, and I will still get to see her a lot so I am happy about that. So I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday. President didn't say who or anything, but he told me that I have to be strong. Not quite sure what that means yet, but I will certainly do my best to do it! Some other exciting stuff that happened this week is that we reached 32 lessons this week! Yay! We are getting more and more, and we hope to keep it up! As a district (Bracknell-us, Crowthorne-Elder Grachyov and Elder Treadway, and Farnborough-Elder Davies and Elder Rogers), we taught a grand total of 107 lessons this last week! Crazy!!! The work is definitely progressing and hastening onward! I got to go on exchanges with Sister Hurst to her area in Earley this week too, and that was fun. We went to KFC for dinner with a member this week too. His name is Joff, and he is single so we couldn't go to his house, so he just took us out. We finally got to see Abu again, after almost two months of no contact and he still wants to meet with us and learn more, so that's good. We play football (soccer) every Thursday night, and I am getting better I think. I made two goals and a few assists last time. But I keep getting headaches from hitting the ball off my head. Maybe not such a good idea but still fun. I have found that I am really competitive, and some of the guys think I'm kinda rough when I play. It's not my fault if they get in the way when I'm going for the ball. Haha! We have been so tired lately as well! It's terrible! We both actually almost fell asleep while teaching a lesson to a less active. She noticed and even said, "Oi, you two must be tired, I can see your eyes going!" That woke us up for sure. There was also this cute Italian market in town for a few days selling some yummy food. It was so good! And Italian guys like to flirt! Oh my gosh, one was so persistent about getting my number. It was hilarious! Yes, my allergies act up, yes my shoulder acts up, but that's normal. It happens at home too, so what can you do? It's not too bad anyway. I will send a picture of our flat building. It's a really nice flat, but we're not really allowed to take pictures of the inside, but I can show you the outside. Yes, I was wearing a pink skirt. Sister Ball and I share clothes all the time, and I just pretend that it's red :)

This week has been so amazing and so full of miracles! Heavenly Father is hastening His work, and we are just the vessels that He uses to do it. Being a missionary is so much fun! A lot of hard work, but it's a blast! My testimony has grown so much since I have been here, and Heavenly Father answers our prayers and shows us miracles every day! He is a God of miracles, and miracles have not ceased! Miracles are wrought by faith, so have faith and believe, and miracles will happen! I hope you guys have a great week, and I can't wait to hear about what you are all up to next week. I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything!

Love,
Sister Connery

Here are some pictures of Windsor Castle and the River Thames








No comments:

Post a Comment