Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Present From the Squirrels

Hi everyone!

It sounds like you have had a really busy week! Sister Ball and I have also had a busy week as well. I am still so excited about my mission! While there are ups and downs to it, the ups make it all worth it! Missionary work is hard work, but instead of being called missionary work, it should be called missionary fun! (that sentence is based on a talk given at the April General Conference this year-look it up!) It really is so much fun to be out here! Sister Ball and I are having a blast together! We are still continuing with our streak of 21 lessons this past week, but we are going to do our best to break that and get even more lessons! I'm glad you are feeding the missionaries because we could always use dinner appointments. They are so helpful to us. The Book of Mormon race is going well and I am almost done. I have a goal to finish reading it before transfers (which are next week). Right now I am in Mormon, and I only have one more chapter to go. So far, I am still in the lead! The missionary work really will go forward more if members help us to find people to teach. We got to watch the Leadership Training that you mentioned last week and it was so good! It helps to renew our resolve and commitment as missionaries, and it helps you as the members to commit yourselves as well. Neither Karjalanpiirakka or Banoffee Pie contain any fish at all. You will all love Banoffee Pie, and maybe you'll like the other thing, but we will see when I get to make them for you.

It's crazy how fast the time goes! I can't even believe that I've already been out for three months now. Just like the missionaries that you have, we come to the public library to do our emailing. I don't need anything right now, just keep doing what you are doing. Read, pray, fast, pay tithing, go to church, go to the temple, have FAITH. It is so important that we do not lose our faith. It is a precious gift that we must keep close, so keep it up!

So last Monday night we went to the home of a recent convert and she is from South Africa. Her name is Lynne. She is so amazing! We adore her, and she made us authentic South African food. Here in England they eat a lot of curry, so I am getting used to it. I never thought that I would do so much gardening in a skirt but every week we visit a less active who we help in her garden and we always do it in our skirts. I'll be pro at gardening in a skirt when I come home. Haha! So funny story the other day. We were walking underneath some trees just looking to stop someone on the foot path. Sister Ball felt something hit her on the head and she looked up and she said, "I think squirrels are throwing things at us." We kept walking and stopped this guy and just as I was introducing the Book of Mormon to him, Sister Ball looked down at the Book of Mormon that she was holding and there were two blobs of poop on the front cover! We were mortified but we kept teaching him and then made a stop at the chapel to clean off the Book of Mormon and get it out of Sister Ball's hair. It was so funny! I'm amazed that we were able to keep ourselves from laughing.

We also had a ward BBQ on Saturday which was so much fun! So many people showed up and several non-members came with their member friends. One chap brought some friends with him and afterwards one of his friends commented to him that she wants to join the church. Just after coming to the BBQ! What great missionary tools these small events are! The weather here has been quite nice the past few days as well! It was 27 degrees yesterday! It was so nice and warm! We love this kind of weather!

Well, now you are up to date on all the happenings here in Bracknell for Sister Ball and I. Thank you all so much for everything that you do! I couldn't do any of this without you, and I am so grateful for all of your love and support! I pray for you all each and every day! May the Lord bless in you in all that you do! I miss you all and love you guys tons! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment