Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eyes and Queens

This is it! Transfers are almost upon us! However, I cannot give you any information about if Sister Ball and I will split up or stay together...because we don't even know yet! We will find out tomorrow morning and you will find out next week in my email. I really am so glad that we both live in Idaho so we can see each other more often. Sister Ball and I are already planning to do so much together! We're going to open a sandwich shop, a dating service, take a few trips to Canada, etc. It will be so much fun! The training conference was so good! I love that they are going to start phasing out tracting. While they can't completely get rid of it, it is not the most effective form of getting investigators. Hopefully that will change soon with the challenge to the members to help us out. Even a re-activation is kinda like a baptism. Activation and retention are so important! I did tell Sister Ball about our squirrel story and we had a good laugh that day about all the crazy things that we have encountered with squirrels. The weather has been so weird here! It has been about 28 degrees the past 4 days! We are loving this warm weather (except when we were fasting-we were both grateful that we didn't pass out).

Anyway, time to answer your questions. Yes, the African food was very good. I am still getting used to eating curry, but each time I have had it, it has tasted pretty good. Yes, I did get to see the "big merry-go-round" (the London Eye), when we went to London, but I only got to see it from a distance. English money is similar to American money, but it is all in pounds and pence. Pounds are sometimes also called quids. I'll bring some home with me to show. Yes, we are getting plenty of dinner appointments. The members love to feed us. I have yet to ride the underground, but maybe someday I will get to ride it. I am still working on One Direction's baptism, as they are not always in the country, and the Queen is a slow progression because she is always dashing off to other important events. However, she does have a Book of Mormon somewhere in her home that Brigham Young gave to the queen before her. Yes, we do have cell phones and they come in quite handy. We're pretty posh over here.

Not much has happened here this week. Same old, same old. Tracting and teaching. Knocking and street contacting. However, some exciting news is that Sister Ball and I were able to teach 24 lessons this last week! Hooray! Our district (Bracknell-us, Crowthorne-Elder Grachyov and Elder Treadway, and Farnborough-Elder Davies and Elder Rogers) are constistenly teaching 81 lessons per week, just in our district! We found out last week that our district is the highest teaching district in the ENTIRE England London South Mission! Now I need to go repent for bragging. But other than that, not much exciting news. Hopefully I will have more to tell next week. Anyway, I hope you all have a great week! I am always praying for you, and thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to come serve a mission. I love you guys so much!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment