Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One Of 70,246

Hi everyone!
 
I am so glad to hear that everything is going so good at home! Sister Ball and I are continuing to teach quite a few lessons each week. This week we made it to 21 lessons. We are slowly but surely making upward progress. I will be very sad to see Sister Ball go (when she does), because I absolutely adore her! And we also have 3 baptism dates for this upcoming transfer so it would be sad for her to miss them. Transfers are coming up again on the 10th of July. I can't believe that I have been on my mission for almost three whole months now! It really is crazy how fast the time goes, yet it seems like I have been here for a lot longer than that. I am feeling pretty good. I have to carry tissues around with me everywhere because my allergies are actually really bad here. But I take my allergy pills each morning, and that helps with all of the symptoms except for a runny nose, which is just something I will have to deal with. My shoulder acts up every now and then but it's not a big deal. I just ignore it and move on. It also helps that Sister Ball rubs my shoulders a few times a week for me to help me out. She is amazing! I love her to death! But I am still doing well and loving every minute of my time here! That's exciting that you went to the broadcast. I haven't seen it but I love listening to Elder Holland so I'm sure that it was amazing! Hearing an apostle speak is always an uplifting and edifying experience. 70,246 is a lot of missionaries in the field (and I'm one of them!!!), with so many more coming out soon. The work of the Lord is definitely hastening on. In answer to how you can help the missionaries, give them good referrals. Tell them the names and addresses of people that they can go visit. The people don't have to know that you sent the missionaries, but it is hard to do all the finding on our own. It's really nice to get referrals, or you can also just invite people to church functions. Summer is here so I'm sure that there is a lot of fun things going on that you can invite people to.
 
Just as you are all reading the Book of Mormon, I read the Book of Mormon every single day, and I love it! Actually, Sister Ball, myself, and a recent convert are all racing. So far, I'm in the lead. I'm in 3rd Nephi, Lynne is in Alma, and Sister Ball is in Mosiah. We'll see who wins! So a couple weeks ago (2 weeks in a row actually), Sister Ball and I had the most new investigators for our companionship in the whole zone. So on Wednesday when we went to District Mtg and met up as a zone, we got a prize. The prize was Karjalanpiirakka. It is a Finnish recipe that one of our zone leaders (who is from Finland) made for us. It was really good, and I will make them for you all when I come home. I also have a recipe for Banoffe Pie, which is so good! I can't wait for you to try it! As I mentioned earlier, Sister Ball and I have gotten 21 lessons this last week, and we are hoping to get even more this week! Not a whole lot happened this week. Oh, except that the Queen of England was five or less miles away from us for four days in a row. We tried to go see her, but apparently Heavenly Father didn't think that was a good idea, so we didn't get to go. But His will, not ours be done. It is such a great experience to be on a mission! I am loving each and every minute of my time here, and I would encourage anyone to serve a mission if they want to! 
 
I know that the Lord will bless all of you for the sacrifices that you have made, and He loves you all very much. I know that the power of prayer really works, and if you ask Heavenly Father for anything, with a sincere heart, and real intent, then he will answer you. Thank you so much for loving me and supporting my decision to serve the Lord. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I am excited to hear what this week will bring you. I love you guys so much! 
 
Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment