Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hastening His Work

Hi guys!
 
Sounds like you are enjoying your summer vacation! Bike rides are fun, but I haven't been on one in a really long time. Sister Ball and I are going to name our sandwich shop "The Sisters' Sandwich Shop". Not very exciting, but it will taste good! That's great that you are all going to read the Book of Mormon. I absolutely love to read it! It's so hard for me to put it down. I just finished Alma, and I have started on Helaman. As missionaries we are supposed to do three hours of service every week. Last week, we did more like five hours of service. All of which were outside in people's gardens. We did service for two less actives, pulling weeds, cutting back, and strimming (weed whacking), and more weed pulling and strimming for a member family. And today, we are going to the chapel to clean the building as service.
 
Well, the best part about this week was definitely going to London to see Elder Ballard. He was actually supposed to be in Russia but the visa didn't come through so they had him come here instead, which was great for us! It was an absolutely amazing experience! We have been so blessed and have seen so many miracles in the past few weeks. This last week we have four new investigators, and the two weeks prior to that we had five new investigators each week. The past two weeks we have also upped our lessons to 20! So we are now teaching 20 lessons each week. But with the help of Heavenly Father we know that we can do even more. We are now doing something new and are extending baptism invitations to as many people as possible. It's actually surprising the response that you get. Most people are like, "Yeah, I would get baptized if I found out it was true." So that's been fun. We also have another baptism date for August 3rd. Another investigator has accepted that date. Hopefully Sister Ball and I will still be together next transfer because I am actually almost done with my training! Crazy how fast the time goes! Other than those things, not much else has happened this week. But Sister Ball and I have blessings and miracles coming from everywhere! For some reason the Lord is blessing us, and we are going to do all that we can to (hopefully) keep the blessings and miracles coming. It definitely shows that the Lord is furthering and hastening His work. 
 
Thank you all so much for you love and support while I am here! I couldn't do this without any of you, and I am so glad that you all have my back on this. Because of your sacrifice, I know that the Lord will bless you in all of your endeavors! I pray for each one of you, every single day, and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you and guide your lives for good. I hope that this email will find you all doing well, and I can't wait to hear what summer vacation will bring for you this coming week! I love you guys so much!!!
 
Love,
Sister Connery (Casey/Bug)

No comments:

Post a Comment