Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Birthday, London Style

Hiya!

Don't worry Mama, I am doing just fine. The finger doesn't even hurt unless I knock it around and stuff. Or if the doctor plays with it. :/ But it's all good! I am doing well anyway. I went back to the doctor on Thursday and he said that it looks really good. He was really pleased with it. I can take the splint off in one week, and then I need to moisturize the finger and the stitches will dissolve. Then the nail will come off, and a new one will grow. He wants to see me again in 2 weeks for one last appointment. So, it is all going well. :) And thank you so much for my birthday presents! I loved them! You guys are so amazing! I have the best family ever! :)

So, Purley is just south of a city called Croydon. Google it. :) This is a really good area, and I have a really good companion. I love being here so much! My mission has been such a great experience and I am loving absolutely every minute of it! :) I am not worried about the Sister Trainer Leader thing. Whatever Heavenly Father feels I am ready to take on, I will do it. If He thinks I can do it, then I know that He is right, and I can!

This week has been pretty good. Nothing super exciting happened except that we have a baptismal date for this transfer! Yay! :) And, a funny story. President and Sister Millar surprised us and showed up at our district meeting on Wednesday! Not only that, but they sang Happy Birthday to me, and our district leader asked us to practice teaching and he wanted my companion and I to practice teaching with President and Sister Millar! How many missionaries have had to teach their mission president the gospel?! We were so scared but we did it anyway. It was a good experience for us.

Anyway, it sounds like you all remain very busy! That's what life is like for you guys though. Always so busy! But it's good! You all sound like you are doing good and are having a lot of fun! So many missionaries going out! The work is definitely hastening! I can't believe that this time last year I was preparing for a mission, and now I'm here! And I'm loving every minute of it! :) I hope you guys have another great week, and I am praying for you always! Heavenly Father definitely answers them! I love you guys so much, and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be here to serve the Lord! Thank you for all the love and prayers! Love you guys lots!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment