Monday, February 17, 2014

He Will Come

Hi everyone!

It's great to hear how good you are all doing! Well, this week for us was pretty good. It has rained an absolute ton though (apparently the English people think it has rained a lot. Sister Laineenkare and I actually expected it to rain this much, haha!) This has been the wettest January that England has seen since the 1700's! There is flooding all over the place! There actually isn't much flooding where we are, so it doesn't really have an affect on us. There is one road that is blocked off for a good portion due to the flooding, but it doesn't hinder us much. They had to flood our underpass (just a walkway under the road) to get it off of the road. The underpass leads to our local Tesco (kinda like Super-1) but there are other ways to get to it, so it's not a big deal. It's just interesting. I have attached some pics of the underpass to show you what I'm talking about.

So, it sounds like you were well fed from the mission president (spiritually, I mean). He is absolutely right about the temple work and missionary work being one. I have heard that a few times, and it is obviously important and needs to be remembered if it is repeated. How exciting it is to be part of the great work of salvation!! Member or full time missionary, it doesn't matter, because we should all be missionaries. I really do love being a missionary! My calling is great! I love this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord and to invite others to come unto Christ. Unfortunately, not all the time do people want to listen to you and heed the call to come unto Christ. We meet people every day who basically tell us that we are foolish to believe in God and Jesus Christ. They try to tell us that they don't exist- that Jesus Christ never did come, and He never will come. BUT, we know better! We know that Jesus Christ did come to the Earth, that He ministered among the people in Jerusalem, and also (after His resurrection) to the Nephites. He has provided each of us with a way to return to live with Heavenly Father again by His suffering for all of us. He has come...and He WILL come AGAIN! I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 6:7, 13 which says:

v.7- "And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers; they shall bow down to thee with their faces towards the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord; for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me."

v. 13- "Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah."

The Messiah, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ will come, and we, the people of the Lord wait steadfastly for His return. We need not be ashamed of Him now, and we especially won't be ashamed of Him when He comes again.

That is my message for this week from my personal studies. I can feel my testimony of the gospel getting stronger and stronger every single day, and I know that I cannot deny the things that I know to be true. I LOVE the gospel, and my Saviour, Jesus Christ, and my Father in Heaven. :D

I hope you guys have another great week! May the Lord bless you! That is my prayer for each of you every day! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Connery

P.S.- Yes, because the driving is switched over here, so is the walking. We do walk on the left side of the footpath, just like the cars drive on the left side. :)

This is a Book of Mormon Musical bus! The BOM Musical has been in London for a bit now, and since I live in South London, we see and ride on the buses that are advertising the musical, so here is one for you!

Here is the underpass and also a pic of the sign when you leave the store so that should give you guys a good idea as to how high the water was

No comments:

Post a Comment