Monday, February 10, 2014

Exciting News!

Hi guys!

So, I've got some really exciting news, but I will get to that in a minute. Don't worry about the money. I have enough to buy myself some new boots, which I will be doing today, so no worries. But thank you. :) That's really cool that you guys get to help out with the food and all that. We (missionaries) really appreciate all the hard work that the members put in for us. We are truly grateful for it. So thank you for your kind and loving service (to me, and the missionaries there). That's a great analogy for the Plan of Salvation! I really like it. Missionaries have all sorts of analogies and stuff for the lessons. It's makes them more personalized, and that way people can relate better to them. Sundays really are the best! I love it! I actually really miss getting to go to 6 hours of Church on Sundays (1 hour with Grandma, 2 hours with you guys, and 3 hours with Josh). I just love going to Church! :) It is really nice to feel that armour of God with us, because as a missionary you really need it. Your faith could be shaken so easily if you let your armour down, so you always have to be at the ready against the attacks of Satan. He's a cunning one, but Heavenly Father knows how to outsmart him. ;)

Well, the last few weeks have been pretty good. We went to the hospital again (NOT for me this time!). We went to visit a less active member that we are working with who just had her baby, so it was good news! Another child of God has come into the world!

So, for my exciting news! Nicholas got baptized on Saturday! :) We are so excited for him! It truly is great to be able to see someone make those steps to come closer to Jesus Christ. He taught that the only way we can enter into the kingdom of God is to be baptized. Most often, if you ever ask a missionary how many people they baptized on their mission or converted, or whatever, they won't tell you. Why? Because it doesn't matter. The numbers don't matter one bit to us. In the beginning of your mission, you really want to just get a bunch of baptisms to say you did, but that's gone as soon as you actually start talking to real people. These people are not just strangers, but they are all our brothers and sisters, and we should view them as such. We LOVE the people that we teach. Truly love them, because we are part of the same family of God. We know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought us so much happiness and joy and we want to share that with the people that we love. The gospel not only brings the greatest joy and happiness in this life, but also brings joy and happiness in the life to come. Because we love these people, we desire their salvation (see Mosiah 28:3). I love the people here in England, and the people throughout the whole world, and I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do as well, which is why there are missionaries sent throughout the world, so that they can preach the gospel, and participate in bringing about the great work of salvation!

I love missionary work, I love being a missionary and being able to have the great opportunity and privilege to serve Heavenly Father and help bring souls unto Him so that they can return to live with him again. Thank you guys for everything! I love hearing from you and finding out what you guys have been doing. Keep up the great work in all things, and have a great week! I love you and pray for you (all of you!) always!

Love,
Sister Connery

Nicholas and Elder Douglas (an Elder in our ward who baptized Nicholas)

 Sister Laineenkare and I with Nicholas!

No comments:

Post a Comment