Monday, January 13, 2014

The Power Behind Us

Hey guys!

It's a beautiful day here in England! There is blue sky, the sun is shining, and it's going to be a great day and a fantastic week! :D I'm glad that you are all enjoying the letters that I send. There really is nothing to worry about. We have a great district leader who looks after us and does plenty of worrying. It is strange to think that we are just two 20-year-old girls living in and walking around a big city, and we are all on our own, but yet we are not alone! We are never alone because Heavenly Father is always with us as long as we are being obedient. We live in Purley, but the city of Croydon is also our area so if you Google pictures of Croydon then you'll see where I do my missionary work and stuff.

So, I absolutely love Sister Laineenkare! She and I get along so well! She is so funny, and I just love her to pieces! It's a great companionship. This last week was pretty good for us. Lots of stuff going on. We have another investigator with a baptismal date in February, and we will try our hardest to make sure that he will be prepared, but when he is ready, it will happen regardless of when it does actually happen. We also had zone training this week, and we felt really motivated after that. We are trying to keep the motivation going! We also had to teach the lesson in Relief Society yesterday because the sister that was supposed to teach it got sick at the last minute and asked us on Saturday night if we would teach it for her. It actually worked out really nicely. It's amazing what can happen when the Spirit is there! Saturday night, all of the missionaries (all 6 of us) in the ward got invited to a dinner that the High Priests group was putting on for all of the single people in the ward. We got invited because they asked all of us to sing together, but they fed us as well. After we did our group song, the High Priests Group Leader asked if I would sing a solo for them. I politely declined, but then he got the whole room to start egging me on to try and persuade me to sing a solo and because I was already super embarrassed, I just did it. I got up there in front of the whole room of about 50 people and sang a solo. Tough job, but I did it. My confidence since I came on my mission has really gone up a lot! It feels good! I figure, if I have a talent, I can't go bury it or it will be taken away. The Lord gave me this talent, and I am supposed to use it so I will.

Now, before I sign off, I would like to share something with anyone and everyone who reads this. We all know that member missionary work is hard and it can be really scary, BUT, it doesn't have to be that way! There is a quote I would like to share:

"The task ahead of us is not as great as the power behind us." - Brad Wilcox

This is the Lord's work, and we do NOT work alone! He is working with us to bring to pass His work and His glory, the immortality and eternal life of man. Doing our member missionary work is the task ahead of us, but the power behind us is Heavenly Father, and His power is greater than our task.

In the gospel of Mark, chapter 9, verse 23 it says: "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

And again, in the gospel of Matthew, chapter 17, verse 20 it says: "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

And once again, in the gospel of Matthew, chapter 19, verse 26 it says: "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Jesus Christ says a similar thing, three separate times! If something is repeated over again, then it must be important! If we just have a tiny amount of faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, then nothing will be impossible for us! Heavenly Father will provide the way for us to do our member missionary work and it will be possible! Pray with faith for a missionary experience, and He will answer us, and He will help us to accomplish these things that He asks of us. I truly testify of these things!

I hope that you all have a great week, and that you will continue to stay strong in the faith and exercise it daily! I pray for you all, and I love you all very much!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment