Monday, January 20, 2014

A Living Testimony of Service

Hiya!

Yes, our weather has been half and half. Half rain, half sunshine, but always cold! But alas, that's missionary life! We're blessed for being cold, so it's all good.

I never would have imagined that I would be singing in public, especially not a solo! I'm still scared to do them, but I'm getting over it, and I'm more willing now. I think that Brad Wilcox may have spoken at one of my EFY's, but I'm not sure. My memory is still rubbish. That hasn't changed. Yes, Sister Missionaries could teach the Relief Society lesson if needed, and we can also help with visiting teaching  too. Good for you guys to have the Sister Missionaries over for dinner. We have a dinner appointment almost every night this week, so we are happy missionaries! :)

So, my aches and pains. My hand is fine. The nail is growing on the finger, so that is good. It will look a little funny, and I'll have some small scars on my finger, but it's doing good. My shoulder is hurting more than usual because the Church has decided that missionaries need to be using shoulder bags, and that's a pain for me, so I just have to switch shoulders every now and then. I also bought a little muscle cream to rub on it to help relax the muscles. But pain is relative. My feet hurt still, but what missionary doesn't have aching feet? No new bruises to report though, so it's just the usual injuries. But it's all good! :)

We have a baptismal date for someone, and he is really cool! He is doing great so we are hoping and praying that he makes it to the date that we have set. He came to Church yesterday, so all is going pretty well with that so far. There isn't a whole lot of news to report on this week. Just doing the same old missionary thing, but one thing about this job...it's never boring! It's always exciting, and there is always different stuff to do and different people to talk to! One thing though that I would like to share with you guys is my testimony of service. In the Book of Mormon, in Mosiah 2:17, it says, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." When we give service to other people we are helping Heavenly Father. Just like Jesus states in the Bible, "...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (see Matthew 25:40) Twice it says a similar thing, that when we serve others, we are serving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When Jesus Christ was here on the earth, He was the perfect example of unselfish and loving service. We need to be more like him! We need to follow the example that he has set for us, to serve others and do what He did so that we can become more like Him.

Thanks guys for everything! You guys are the best! Keep up all the great missionary work you guys are doing, and I hope you have a great week! I love you all, and pray for you always!

Love,
Sister Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment