Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm Here!

Hi everyone!

So, I have arrived safely at the England Missionary Training Centre! I am having a blast so far! I get along great with my roommates, and my MTC companion, Sister Hymas. Here at the MTC, there's no time to be homesick. They have you doing something every second of every day! But I still miss you guys! So what did you all think of conference?! Can you believe that there are 65,634 missionaries currently serving?! And I AM ONE OF THEM! :) I am so blessed with this opportunity to serve the Lord! Do y'all remember when Sister Dalton was talking about that stone in the garden? The one that said, "What-e'er thou art, act well thy part"? Well, we have one just like it here at the MTC in our lobby! How cool is that?! :)

So how is everyone doing? Be sure to tell everyone I love them all very much! I pray for you all every day, and I know that Heavenly Father will watch over all of you! I'm glad that because of my decision, I seem to be making changes in people's lives. Heavenly Father knew that I needed to do this, and I will NOT fail him!
 
So, the food here at the MTC is awesome! The chef, Brother Barnett, is so cool! He gives the girls candy bars when no one else is looking. ;) His cooking is fantastic too! Some of the stranger food that we have had were lamb chops (I don't think I've had those before), and cereal with warm milk (gross!). So far it's all been good food though. We even got to have Yorkshire Pudding! It was so good! Oh, and y'all will be so proud of me! We had SALMON last night for dinner, and I ATE it! It was actually pretty good. It wasn't fishy, but I knew what it was immediately because I could still smell it. But I was still pretty pleased with myself for eating it. 
 
Being here is just so great! We have such great (and funny!) teacheres, and I have learned a TON! The Spirit here is so strong, and I can feel it all the time! That is how I know I am in the right place! We got to go to the temple here in Preston this morning, and it was an amazing experience to go to the temple in another country! It was just as good as the first time I went! Well, next week is the week that we will leave the MTC and go out in the field! I am so excited to get out there and preach the gospel! This really is an amazing work, and I would highly recommend a mission to all people! It has already been such a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to go out and teach the people in the London South Mission! Have a great week everyone! I love you all!

Love,
~Sister Connery

3 comments:

  1. The MTC sounds wonderful. As her mom I am so glad that she is healthy & happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have such wonderful news. Sounds like Casey is truly filled with the missionary spirit. We love you so much and happy to hear from you and know that all is well.

    ReplyDelete